Hi! I’m Adrian Lee, a work at home dad in Singapore.
Welcome to my blog, where I journal about computers, cameras, cars, commerce, cooking, chores, casual stuff and of course about my children. Read more about me here.
Thanks for visiting!
Which digital piano to buy for home use?
- Courts sale this weekend http://www.courts.com.sg/buy-musical-instruments-online-901.html
- Or is it called a keyboard
- Casio or yamaha
- Which model
- Must be 88 keys
How to make WordPress Jetpack subscription popup?
what is the role of a continuity person in film production
- A script supervisor (also called continuity supervisor) is a member of a film crew and oversees the continuity of the motion picture including wardrobe, props, set dressing, hair, makeup and the actions of the actors during a scene. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_supervisor
- They’re two different titles for the same job. Generally, in the US the role is known as a Script Supervisor – “Scripty” for short – whilst in the UK it is known as Continuity. http://www.thatcontinuityguy.com/continuity101/
Review, edit or unpublish automatic captions in YouTube videos
- how to write closed caption for sound effects
- Captioned is necessary for the understanding and/or enjoyment of the media and when they are essential to the plot
- Use [square brackets]
- Use [lower case]
- Sound effects: Include source of sound (can omit if source is visible onscreen.
- Described sound effects on 1st line and onomatopoeias on 2nd line
- [engine idling]
- Whats onomatopoeia? The formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named (e.g. cuckoo, sizzle ).
- Off-screen sound effects should be italicized, if italics are available (not available for SRT).
- not necessary to repeat the source of the sound if it is making the same sound a few captions later.
- Example: First Caption [pig squealing], Second Caption [squealing continues]
- Use punctuation to indicate speed or pace of sound.
bang, bang, bang
- Sustained Sound
woof, woof…woofAbrupt Sound
- Use specific terms:
- Never use past tense
- More examples:
- [audience cheering]
“Fiverr Anywhere”? What’s that?
- I just noticed it in my Fiverr seller account
- It’s something updated in March 2015
- It simply means creating a custom offer.
- Done that already. Nothing new.
25 November 2016 is Black Friday
28 November 2016 is Cyber Monday
New WordPress “Jetpack Personal” affordable backup solution. What’s that?
- Daily automated offsite backup
- 30-day backup archive
- Unlimited storage space
- $3.50/month or $39/year
- Is it for me? Not yet.
New features in WordPress Jetpack 4.4
- Pinterest embed shortcodes
- Improved related posts feature
- New “Google translate” widget
- New “My community” widget
- For paid subscribers – SEO tools
- Ok let me go try out the new toys
Want to hit 3k/mo to 5k/mo online? Then create just a few of these MACHINES and you’re there… http://evergreenincomemachines.com/