Welcome to my personal blog where I record notes to my future self. ~ Adrian Lee
Every start of a new year makes me think of the things I should have done last year.
Then I will list the things to do again and find a way to push myself to take action.
I tried many productivity methods and software, but still end up procrastinating.
The methods work for a short while, then life overtakes and overwhelms you.
This year (2016), I found an app that has been working well so far (3 weeks).
It’s an iPhone app called Procraster. Their slogan: “Stop running. Start Doing”.
It has got practical features but ONE stood out that I have not seen in other apps.
It helps you to decide what to do right now after typing in all my projects and tasks.
We procrastinate or never get started because everything on the list is important.
Procraster will look through your long list and decide for you based on an algorithm.
Check back with me a few months down the road to see if I am still at it.
18 January 2016 marks the opening of Waterway Point, a mall way up in Punggol. There will be shopping opportunities at opening specials and promos.
Update 28 January 2016: UNIQLO at Waterway Point opens today with Special Exclusive Offers | Free UNIQLO aluminium water bottle with minimum spend of S$60 in a single receipt, exclusively at Waterway Point only | Micro Chino Shorts
S$29.90 S$19.90 | Chino Shorts S$29.90 S$19.90 | Check out more promos from 28 to 31 January 2016 | Store Locator Map
Why am I excited about it? It’s the nearest mall to my home. Just 1 LRT station away.
Address: 83 Punggol Central, Waterway Point, Singapore 828761
I am looking forward to…
Welcome Gift Pack | 18 January to 22 February 2016 | Spend $10 in a single receipt to redeem a welcome gift pack (worth $30) that includes an exclusively designed Waterway Point Tote-brella. For the first 5,000 shoppers only.
Check out other Opening Event Highlights. Plenty of goodies. I will be there tonight.
The whole place looks huge, but the stores are small. Or rather my favorite stores like Challenger and Best Denki are small. You can see one end to the other end.
Unlike other malls, the cinema is at the basement instead of upstairs. I think I know why. On top of the mall are residential blocks.
Overall, Waterway Point is a fresh place to explore. The area facing the river is the best part with a nice view. I will be back in the day to take more pics.
My WordPress site on Bluehost Pro Hosting is slowing down, based on google speed test. I am told this will affect traffic and search ranking.
While trying various plugins that promise to speed things up, I chanced upon a free “Cloudflare” offer within Bluehost that will solve my problem.
CloudFlare has everything to speed up my website and uses a content delivery network (CDN). They say it’s easy to set up, and so I activated it.
LUCKILY… it’s easy until it instructed me to change my site nameservers before Cloudflare could work. This got me wondering.
I thought I did not have to do anything else? Does directing my DNS (Domain Name Servers) away from Bluehost mean anything? It’s free and there is an option to choose a paid package with more features, which means, is there a catch? Will they pester me later to upgrade? Does it work as it says and has anyone tried it?
Most reviews I found were positive, until…
- Can I use Cloudflare without changing nameservers? Nope, must change nameservers to work.
- Can I switch back to the original nameservers if I decide not to use Cloudflare? Yes. Follow this procedure, and note that it will take about 24 hours to take effect.
- Is it worth to switch the DNS to Cloudlfare? Who else did it with honest reviews? Read the comments here and all my doubts are cleared. Post saving error. IP not trusted and blocked in some places. Site sometimes go offline. Most disturbing of all… Bluehost (where our hosting money goes) does not support any Cloudflare issues and will just point back to Cloudflare customer service.
Research complete. Not going to change nameservers. Not going to use Cloudflare. Sorry Cloudflare.
Let’s use other methods to speed up WordPress. Most recommended method is to use this plugin called W3 Total Cache.
Please share your thoughts if you have used Cloudflare.
MRT extended operating hours on Chinese New Year Eve 2016
On the North East Line and Downtown Line, the last train from Chinatown Station is about 2am.
Punggol and Sengkang LRT will be extended to coincide with the last train arrivals on the North East Line.
When is Chinese New Year 2016?
- 8 February 2016 (Monday)
What are the official public holidays in Singapore?
- 8 February 2016 (Monday) and 9 February 2016 (Tuesday)… http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-releases/2015/0512-ph-2016
- That is going to be a super long weekend!
What to do before and during the super long weekend?
- Festive Street Bazaar | 15 January 2016 to 7 February 2016 | 6.00pm to 10.30pm | Pagoda Street, Smith Street, Sago Street, Temple Street and Trengganu Street
- Chinatown Light Up | 16 January 2016 | 6pm to 10pm | New Bridge Road and Eu Tong Sen Street
- River HongBao | 6 to 14 February 2016 | 2pm to 11pm | The Float @ Marina Bay | Free admission
- 9-day Fireworks | 6 to 14 February 2016 | 9pm except 7 Feb 2016 | The Float @ Marina Bay | Free admission
- Chinatown Countdown Party | 7 February 2016 | 9.30pm to 12.30am | New Bridge Road and Eu Tong Sen Street
- Chingay 2016 | 19 and 20 February 2016 | 8pm | F1 Pit Building (Next to Singapore Flyer) | tickets at S$28.50 / S$40 / S$50
Would you like to add a CNY 2016 event to the list? Feel free to write in the comment box below.
PS: Wait there is more…
- Lunar New Year Food Recipes – Kok Chais
CNY 2016 Decoration Monkey
- more coming soon… stay tuned! Subscribe!