23 May 2016: Attended the TribeCar 15-minute briefing at Paya Ubi Industrial Park.
There were about fifteen of us. All were there for leisure. One was there for GrabCar. After the briefing, deposited S$100 to sign up.
Why did I sign up?
- Rent a car for only S$2 per hour. Insurance is included. You just pay for petrol and use your own cash card.
- The pickup branch is all over Singapore. One of them is just a few steps away from home at Punggol.
- I may join Uber later, but for now, I need a car next week for work.
Will it be more economical than taking a taxi or riding Uber? I will find out soon.
The review continues after I actually drive out the first car next week (never did).
Update 28 July 2017: After being a Tribecar member for over a year, I finally rented a car.
- Booking online was a breeze. No app required.
- Starting and end the trip was also a breeze. Again no app required. Just a browser on the smartphone.
- The car was in good condition. Powerful Aircon. Smooth engine. Quality speakers (radio).
- Only S$24 for 4 hours vs $80 Uber 2-way trip.
- Didn’t pay a cent. Had S$45 credit in the e-wallet.
- Quick and Responsive support staff. Had an ERP IU problem.
Become a member of Tribecar and experience the convenience.
- Wasted one hour solving the ERP IU problem. The unit could only recognize the traditional NETS Cash Card. Had to go to 7-11 to buy one (S$10).
- Pumped too much petrol (S$15). Traveled from Punggol to NTU and back.
Update: 21 April 2019
What if I want to terminate my Tribecar account?
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for the termination form. Fill it and mail the form back to process the termination. Do note that credits are non-refundable! Use up the credits in the e-wallet before termination.