Recharging Solar Power Bank with USB charger
- 28 Nov 2015. 2.20pm. Charged with Samsung Tab A USB wall charger.
- 5.5 hours later. 7.45pm. Charged 3 bars. Final bar still blinking.
- 6.5 hours later. 8.45pm. Fully charged. 4 bars.
- 6.5 hours to recharge the solar power bank using USB Charger.
Recharging Solar Power Bank under direct sun
- Done this across several days. Clocked more than 10 hours. No increase in number of bars, though blinking indicator says it is charging.
- This could be a fake solar charger because no sign of power increase under the sun for hours. It is a real power bank though.
Charging a drained iPhone 6 with a full powered Solar Power Bank.
- 10pm to 12 midnight. iPhone fully charged in 2 hours. Solar Power Bank still show 4 bars.
- Next morning, Solar Power Bank shows 3 bars.
- This guy could charge my iPhone 6 four times over.
- That means I can go without AC power outlet for a full day or 2 with heavy iPhone usage.
This brandless solar power bank is going to Australia with me.
Here’s a very similar device on Amazon US$20. Remember to read the reviews first before buying.