I am looking for insurance to protect my camera and other equipment while on a business trip out of Singapore.
No one seems to be able to answer my questions.
- travel insurance for camera equipment and laptops
- camera insurance for photographers
- video camera insurance
- videography insurance
- MacBook travel insurance
First, Should I buy insurance with the air ticket? NO!
- “The ones offered by airlines are generally cheap, but upon closer inspection, very expensive for what they actually cover, and they cover less than you think.” – https://insurancemarket.sg/info/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-that-comes-with-airline-tickets-or-hotel-bookings/
- “The thing is, the travel insurance plans airlines push are usually designed to be as bare-bones as possible—after all, nobody is going to sign up for them if they cost more than the air ticket.” – https://blog.moneysmart.sg/travel-insurance/heres-why-you-should-never-buy-travel-insurance-from-airlines/
- “No. Buying insurance for flights or hotel rooms—which often costs about 10 percent of what you’re paying for tickets and lodging—isn’t usually worth the money in the long haul.” – https://www.outsideonline.com/1782161/should-i-buy-flight-insurance
Travel Insurance comparison…
Look out for coverage…
- Travel inconveniences: delay, cancellation, and postponement
- Medical coverage: expenses, allowance, and emergency
- Personal protection
- NTUC Travel Insurance http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/travel-insurance
Travel insurance for camera and laptop
- “…policies covering up to $2,500 in Baggage and Personal Items Loss, however, only $500 will reimburse for those types of items… If someone is traveling with high priced items and cannot find enough coverage through a travel insurance policy, Squaremouth recommends insuring those items under a homeowner or personal property insurance.” – https://www.squaremouth.com/press-room/why-you-shouldn’t-buy-travel-insurance-to-cover-your-camera-advises-squaremouth/
Business Travel Insurance
There is a business travel insurance cost over S$200 that last for a year and covers an article up to S$1000.
Standard Travel Insurance
The standard travel insurance covers only S$500 per article and costs over S$40 for the travel dates. Strangely, it covers more for a laptop at S$1000. Our camera costs about 3 times more than a laptop.
A camera is classified as an article in travel insurance policies.
Some home insurance in other countries cover things that you bring out of the house.
Is there such insurance in Singapore?
AXA Home Insurance
Let’s check out AXA website – https://digital.axa.com.sg/home/
So, you can cover up S$7000 per item that you wear or carry with you… how about bringing item out of the house?
Excluding these items… no mention of a camera though… does not include items used for business?
We have to have receipts, certificates, and photos of the items.
Yes, you can bring the item out of the house and worldwide.
What’s the total?
S$87 for a year. That’s affordable. However, my camera is used for business. So I wonder if that’s a
However, my camera is used for business. So I wonder if there is a business version?
Yes, they do have small business insurance… https://ecom.axa.com.sg/buy/business-insurance/#!#needhelp
So now let’s look into business insurance.
Income Business Insurance
Looking at Income website… http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/insurance-for-businesses/commercial-insurance/business-insurance-package
Nothing tells me about coverage outside of the business premises.
Professional Indemnity and Public Liability are coverage worth considering, but that’s another topic.
AIG Business Insurance
Now let’s check out AIG… http://www.aig.com.sg/business
Nothing about protecting assets and items used for business. Move along!
Wait! AIG has one for SME that covers Electronic Equipment… http://www.aig.com.sg/business/business-products-and-services/sme-business-insurance …possible, though looks more like for data centers.
Any Business Insurance for Worldwide Coverage?
Why are business insurance covering things within office premises only?
What about for people who work with clients anywhere except in the office, and carrying expensive tools?
Quick search. Time is running out.
Great Eastern. None.
I still can’t find an adequate insurance coverage for my S$10,000++ equipment used for business outside of my office premises. Does the policy even exist? PM me pls.