Finding a purpose of blogging for today.
I know I can just journal what I do, but today I will set the goals first.
Why set goals? So there is a purpose of blogging.
Without purpose, the blog goes nowhere, has no ending, no meaning, hence never get published.
On the other hand, purpose can be called as the reason one aims at to achieve a goal. Unlike purposes, goals always go forward in a specific direction. Purpose, which is all about direction, is that something that influences goals. Unlike goal, purpose is broader and deeper. http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-purpose-and-goal/
Today’s top 3 goals.
– Complete an overdue edit for a client (service work).
– Create a video tutorial to answer videography questions (marketing).
– Set up the next videography class sales page and market (sales).
– Prepare slides for 4-hour customized videography class. Due on Thursday.
– Sell BlackMagic ATEM.
– $1000 daily income challenge
I have some more goals than I have time. The rest are listed below.
Welcome to Journal (aka Note to Self) 25 April 2017 Tuesday.
Today marks the first day of the Daily Blogging 30-day Challenge.
Let’s start with something that will affect the future both long-term and short-term.
SETTING UP THE NEXT VIDEOGRAPHY CLASS SALES PAGE
- Eventbrite did not respond to my email request to change an existing single-date event to a multi-date event.
- So I have to do it myself… create a new multi-date event… and that means I have to inform affiliates of the single-date event to get a new link.
- Created the multi-date event for the upcoming course on 20/21 May 2017.
- From within Eventbrite, automatically generated a Facebook Page Event.
- Created a unique URL.
- Embedded Eventbrite ticket Widget into VIDEOLANE.COM sales page.
- Change existing BVC single-date event to the new date. Just for existing affiliates who have placed links.
- Changed date on EventBee… http://videographycourse.eventbee.com/
- Done. Continue related action steps tomorrow.
SIDE NOTE #1
Who is the target audience of this blog? Me.
What is the goal and purpose of this blog? Note to self.
DIVERSION #1 – A discovery
Discovering VIDDYOZE 2.0…
- Easy Video Animation Software
- For creating professional-looking Intros, Outros, CTAs, Logo Stings, Social Actions, and more.
- Web-based. Done in the cloud. Create animations from anywhere.
- Just select a template then customize your brand and add your logo.
- Comes with music.
- Commercial Licence $67 one-time payment (limited time offer, usual $197/month)
- Check out VIDDYOZE…
Created a Review page and a video…
DIVERSION #2 – A message
A facebook friend sent me a message…
Hi Adrian, How are you? Here is a review copy of my new course that just went live. Enjoy! https://www.udemy.com/facebook-marketing-animation-2017/ See messenger.
BACK TO WORK… EDIT CLIENT VIDEO
Finished video 1 of 3.
DIVERSION #3 – COOK DINNER
Mother-in-law’s not in to cook today. So, let’s follow this recipe.
Filmed the process with my Panasonic FZ2500.
DIVERSION #4 – TIME LAPSE
Then I created this…
SIDE NOTE #2
Diversion is a nicer word for distraction.
DIVERSION #5 – Edit cooking video
Edited till 2.30am… see you tomorrow… zzzzz…
Continue reading… http://adrianvideoimage.com/9750-2
Journal of a Work at Home Dad in Singapore
PS: Other Ongoing Goals.
- Blogging daily on WordPress
- Vlogging daily on YouTube
- 3000 subscribers on YouTube by 31 May 2017
- 2000 friends on Facebook
- Create a course on Panasonic LUMIX FZ2500
- Create a course on Davinci Resolve
REMINDER TO SELF – ACTION STEPS
- Confirm BVC July 2017 dates.
- Inform existing BVC affiliates to get the new link.
- Invite new BVC affiliates
- When the majority of affiliates have moved over, delete the single-date event or keep it? Decide later.
- Re-instate the BVC customized training sales page.