Hunting for the perfect public place with free wifi where I can sit down and work with my laptop, tablet and smartphone. Here’s where I found so far.
- MacDonalds at Singapura Plaza | free wifi by Capialand | very fast | 1 hour only or unlimited for Capitastar member
- StarHub Green Canteen @ Ubi | Quite fast at off peak about 3 to 4 pm | Could watch a YouTube video smoothly | Wireless@SGx
- SAFRA at Punggol | very fast | sign in to “Pgl” | not accessible in every part of the club
- Starbucks Coffee at Waterway Point | Y5ZONE at Starbucks | can hardly log in during peak hours (dinner time)… Many days later still no luck.
- Coffee Bean at Waterway Point | Free Wifi @ CBTL 1
- Pizza Hut at Waterway Point | wireless@sgx
- KFC WATERWAY POINT PUNGGOL | KFC free Wifi | slow but stable | no time limit | just get a S$4 Snacker – wing, fries and Pepsi
- Not wifi | just a reference test | Rochor MRT station outside | M1 4G data | Impressive!
- Not wifi | just a reference test | Inside MRT along Near Potong Pasir Station | 8 April 2016 | NOT wifi BUT M1 4G | just to make a comparison | better than free wifi but expensive
- Sengkang MRT station | 8 April 2016 | wireless@SGx | very slow | nearly useless, especially when you are going to ride or riding the train
- Sengkang Singhealth Polyclinic | 8 April 2016 | wireless@SGx | very smooth | videos load quick on FB iPhone | no laptop to test | strong signal | great only while waiting for Doctor appointment | not available in CC just next door
- Funan Centre – KFC | No restrictions | Strong Signal | nice aircon | good music | comfortable seating | no power | sluggish on the laptop | videos struggle | Affordable F&B – S$4 for fries, wing, and Pepsi. Updated 5 April 2016.
I use OOKLA Speedtest app on iPhone to measure. http://www.speedtest.net
There is no truly free wifi place, is there? I had to pay for something in order to sit at the spot.
Where’s your favourite free wifi spot in Singapore? Why?