First the great news… You have to book your dental appointment ONE YEAR in advance!
It’s been 17 years since I last visited a dentist during my Navy days.
Thanks to Stella, I was finally forced to check the condition of my teeth.
An appointment was arranged at the Queenstown Polyclinic.
Note: Dental service is available only at these Singhealth Polyclinics – Bedok, Geylang, Queenstown and Tampines.
Useful Resource: Understand your teeth here.
Good and Bad News
Good news is, according to the young dentist, my teeth are healthy.
Bad news is, according to myself, teeth cleaning is like torture. 😵
1. I choked and coughed violently when water ran down my throat.
2. I held back the vomit-inducing feeling when the instruments went deep.
3. The dentist kept telling me to open wider when actually I was tensing my tongue to prevent more water from flowing down my throat.
After the whole saga, I realized tears streaked down from the side of my eyes. 😭
So anyway, the cleaning (or they call it scaling and polishing) was to remove tiny hard particles built up over time.
Dental Scaling: The process of deep cleaning the teeth to remove plaque and minerals built up over time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaling_and_root_planing
The Final Price
The total cost of dental examination, scaling and polishing (meaning checkup and cleaning) at the Polyclinic was S$39.
Check out the affordable dental fees and charges.
It was all worthwhile.
How’s your dental experience?
FYI: cleaning did not include whitening.
Photo edited with iPhone 4: Sparkles added with Pixlromatic… Blemishes removed with Photo Wonder… 😬
Try these value-for-money alternatives,
- DAZZLING WHITE Instant Teeth Whitening Pen
- Nuskin AP-24 Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
- The secret to 100% naturally and safely whitening your teeth S$60