I read an article in the Straits Times on 18 July 2015 about growing your own edible garden in a limited space.
It recommended six easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs.
- Sweet Potato Plant. Contains vitamins B and C. Leaves can be stir-fried.
- South African Leaf. Contains antioxidants, vitamins and iron. Can be boiled with green apples as detox beverage.
- Black Face General Leaf. Contains antioxidants and phenolic compounds. Simmer with citrus fruits as detox drink.
- Roselle. Contains ascorbic acid, calcium and phosphorous. Great for tea recipes.
- Prunella. Contains vitamins A, C and K. Great for salads and tea.
- Chinese Knotweed. Contains antioxidants. Great for salads and stir-fry dishes.
I will be hunting down these seeds or seedlings and start growing them in my HDB balcony.