I was about to visit the PC SHOW 2015 to get a camera when I discovered the Samsung Electronics NX500 28 MP Wireless Smart Mirrorless Digital Camera with Included Kit Lens.
What attracted me was its large sensor, 4K video recording, and the pricing below $1000.
Other attractions to note…
- Compare Samsung Nx500 vs Panasonic GH4…
- Bigger sensor: APS-C vs 4/3.
- Half the price. Only S$1200 (US$699) with 16-50mm lens
- Shoots full 4k and UHD: Good 4k reviews on the web.
- PC show promos: $200 off NX lens. Free 30mm prime lens.
- Nearest 4k competitor below US$1K: Panasonic G7 LUMIX. Only 4/3 sensor size.
- No microphone in and headphones out jacks. Need external audio recorder.
- Too small for work in front of clients. Can use as b-roll though.
- No flash built in. Anyway, I always use external lights for video.
Good to know…
- Image stabilization is built in the lens, not in the camera. So get the right lens. Its a good thing.
- 4K image is cropped and not using the full sensor.
To be verified…
- How long is battery life for video recording?
PS: I bought it!