If you find that your iOS or Android tablet is handicapped because it cannot operate the software you use on your desktop, then consider the Windows OS Ultrabook.
I just described my pain above. I want the convenience of a tablet and the power of my software. Hence I have the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix Ultrabook.
This month, Lenovo announced new additional models to their tablet, laptop and ultrabook range.
Check out the latest Lenovo laptops and tablets announcement here… http://news.lenovo.com/news+releases/
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2
- 8-inch slate
- Windows 8.1
- HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution.
- Intel Atom Quadcore processor. A bit low-powered, but it’s the reason for longer battery.
- Battery life 15 hours. This is exactly what I want but could be longer.
- AnyPen Technology. Use any real pen or pencil to write on it! Something new.
- Available in January 2015 at US$299.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Laptop
- 3 sizes: 12.5, 14 and 15.6 inch.
- Aimed at business users. Me included, but is it what I want?
- Windows 8.1
- 1TB HDD or 512 SSD for storage. I would choose the SSD for future-proofing.
- Up to 8GB RAM. Max it for video editing and gaming.
- Intel Core i5 or i7. Take i7 for maximum power, though battery life will be shorter.
- Discrete Nvidia graphics in the 14 and 15.6 inch models. A must for video editing.
- 3-D camera option on the 15.6 inch model. To scan 3D objects for 3D printing. Another new thing.
- Available in February 2015 at US$999(12″), US$1199(14″ and US$1199 (15.6″)
Lenovo Yoga 3 Ultrabook
- 2 sizes: 11.6 and 14 inches.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
- Screen rotates 360 degrees. For use as laptop or tablet. My kind of system.
- Intel Core M processor for the 11″. Too low-powered for me to edit videos.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 for the 14″. Choose i7 for power or i5 for longer battery life.
- Configurable to 8GB RAM. Max it for a smoother experience.
- 128GB to 500GB SSD storage. Take 500GB and you’ll have no regrets of not enough space.
- Available in March 2015 at US$799(111″ and US$979(14″).
I am a 2 or all-in-1 type of person and the Lenovo Yoga 3 Ultrabook is the choice for me. Though I will not get it too soon because the screen is not detachable like my current Lenovo ThinkPad Helix Ultrabook.