Sample the anxiety I go through during this period.
Well, tomorrow is the day. The start of another 2 days of teaching.
How do I feel?
It’s like studying for my school exams all over… and this is for real.
I will be bombarded with questions tomorrow and my answers have to be correct.
So, how am I or what am I preparing?
- Update slides with the latest information
- Print out the worksheets for distribution
- Update and Print out the attendance sheet
- Upload updated course slides to private member site
- Prepare certificates
- Pack a luggage full of video production gear
- Clean up my MacBook Pro for presentation
Then visualise or rather rehearse in my head the day’s proceedings.
- Before class, talk personally with each participant to garner attention and interest.
- Turn off background activities on the MacBook Pro to prevent lag.
- Video record lessons while I teach.
- Prepare refreshment. Coffee. Sugar. Creamer. Cups. Stirrer. Mineral water.
- Take a group photo during the hands-on studio setup project.
This is an ongoing face-to-face class in Singapore where participants gather and learn how to make engaging videos promoting products and services on social media and websites. 2-day Camera Videography and Video Editing Course for Beginners [in Singapore]
Are you a trainer too? What’s your preparation like? Feel free to comment.