I am delighted to announce I have finally completed designing the perfect vTiger invoice template for my business. It is not about the good looks. It is about simplifying the original overloaded layout.
vTiger is the web-based open source CRM software we use for generating invoices and keeping contact with clients. The latest version I discovered come with a powerful project management feature complete with tasks, milestones and Gantt charts.
Another new feature is the free third party module that made changing invoice PDF template so easy. In the past, I had to go into the program codes to make changes.
If you are a vTiger CRM user like me who did not know that the wonderful free PDF Maker existed, then this is how to get and install it.
- Go to http://forge.vtiger.com/projects/pdfmakerfree/
- Download “PDFMakerFree_530.4.zip”.
- Go to your vTiger > Settings > Module Manager > Custom Module > Import New.
- Select the .zip package of the PDF Maker, accept agreement licence and installation starts automatically.
- Click Finish when done installing.
- Go to vTiger main menu “Tools” and click on PDF Maker.
- A one-time Message will pop up: “In order to generate pdf files it’s necessary to download and install mPDF script.”
- Click on Download button to download and install the mPDF script.
- Yet another request before completion. Recalculate sharing access.
- Then FINALLY go back to vTiger main menu “Tools”, click on PDF Maker and start tweaking your PDF invoice template layout to your heart’s content.
Share your vTiger moments in the comment box below.
PS: ADDED on 8 June 2013.
To generate the PDF:
1. CREATE the invoice first.
2. Go to the invoice page.
3. Look on the right side.
4. Find a menu under “PDFMaker”.
5. Click on ‘Export to PDF’.
See image below…
Update: 26 August 2015
It’s nearly four years since I wrote this post. Today I am still happily using vTiger and PDF Maker! vTiger is many versions away from my copy now, but it still works smoothly.