What is EdgeRank on Facebook? Is it Outdated?
- Everything you do on Facebook is called an “Edge” (post, update, link, image, video, changes, apps, everything)
- But if everybody was notified of all the “edges” of all the people and page they follow, it would be cluttered-up chaos
- So Facebook use “EdgeRank” to determine what gets displayed and the ranking associated with it
- Rank – Affinity x Weight x Decay
- Affinity – how often your fans interact with posts you make (not how many time you post to them)
- Weight – value of the “edge” to the user, set by Facebook (pictures, videos, links and text-only posts have different weightings)
- Time Decay – newer edges are given priority (unless old edges continue to attract interactions)
- How to get better EdgeRank?
- Make posts that drive interaction (boost your affinity score)
- Make posts that contain videos / images / text but not links (boosts your weight score)
- Make posts regularly (boosts your time decay score). 3-4 daily with couple of hours in between
- The 3-step VIP formula for getting thousands of free visitors, fast!
- V = Value
- I = Interaction
- P = Personal
- How to give value on Facebook
- Tips and advice
- News in your industry
- Articles from external sources
- Case studies
- Video walkthroughs
- How to get mass interaction
- Ask questions
- Ask for their opinion
- Ask for their help with a problem
- Start a discussion
- Use controversy to stir things up
- Get personal
- People buy from people
- Don’t always have your work hat on
- Have fun
- Be yourself
- Know – like – trust – buy
- Finding prospects on Facebook
- Don’t use your personal account
- Just get another account using another email address
- Find leaders in your niche and send them friend requests
- Find their friends and send them friend requests
- Use the Facebook search tool to find relevant groups to join to locate more friends
- Do a max of 50 friend requests per day (spread over two sessions)
- Story-based promos
- Keep it natural
- Personal experience of using the product
- Headline – story – lesson – product
- Facebook hates external links
- Put a space before the .com link
- Write in brackets (remove the space)
- Let people copy the link
The three original EdgeRank elements — Affinity, Weight and Time Decay — are still factors in News Feed ranking, but 100,000 other things are equally important. In other words, the News Feed algorithm of today is much more sophisticated than just a couple years ago. – http://marketingland.com/edgerank-is-dead-facebooks-news-feed-algorithm-now-has-close-to-100k-weight-factors-55908
Now, about Adobe After Effects…
How to remove the background from a video?
- Use after effects roto brush tool then use refine edge for complex edges like hair.
- Roto brush works on a separate video layer. Not in a composition.
If you like this post, please like and subscribe.
Feel free to share your thoughts and questions.
Work from Home YouTuber
I will be documenting my actions taken and the results achieved in this blog, based the Shiney Object Lemonade blogging system.
“Tapered pants look better on me in 2017” – Adrian Lee
Taper | The Daily https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/taper/